Marketing your business with the Mitchell County Chamber of Commerce is a cost-effective way to gain exposure for your business and attract new customers. Many cost-effective opportunities are available with your Chamber membership including:
- A free listing in our printed membership directory, 10,000 copies of which are distributed each year to visitor inquiries, members, elected and community leaders and the general community.
- A free listing in our online membership directory, with links to your business e-mail , website addresses and social media links.
- Free business announcements in the weekly Chamber e-newsletter, with a distribution to nearly 500 business owners and community members.
- Free listings on the Chamber’s online Calendar of Events.
- The Chamber can provide your business with contacts for North Carolina Welcome Centers, travel writers and tour operators which provides you with a greater opportunity to promote your business.
- Opportunities to showcase your business at a Business After Hours Event: Exhibiting your company’s products and services is an affordable and effective way to maximize business contacts and get recognized! Contact the Chamber if you are interested in hosting a Business After Hours Event.
- Host a Chamber Event: Open your doors to the business community by hosting a Chamber event! There’s no greater visibility! Inviting others to your place of business will put them in front of your services and allows them to engage with you – building your brand.
- Network at Upcoming Chamber Activities: Make connections with fellow Chamber members at one of the Chamber’s programs and events.
- Share your Expertise: Do you have insight or expertise in a particular field? Share your knowledge and gain recognition and visibility by speaking at Chamber event or workshop.
Small Grant Program (Mitchell County Chamber Tourism Committee)
There are various ways the Mitchell County Chamber Tourism Committee accomplishes its mission, with direct marketing and promotion of Mitchell County as the primary tactic. However, there are a number of initiatives, like the small grant program, that play an important role as well. The goal with this program is to maximize the impact of the Mitchell County tourism funds by supporting local individuals and organizations with events or initiatives that positively affect the local tourism economy.
Local businesses, civic groups and individuals can apply for the funds to help support their tourism-oriented events and programs. The maximum amount of support for the Small Grant is $1750 per request, although the Mitchell County Chamber Tourism Committee may award an amount that is less than the amount requested. Each proposal will be evaluated by the Tourism Committee.
Those interested in the Small Grant Program can call the Mitchell County Chamber of Commerce at 765-9033 to get more information and receive an application.
Click Here to complete an online application.