The approaching Hurricane Florence has prompted thousands of people in the Southeastern United States to prepare for its landfall in the next few days. This storm could cause significant damage and flooding in coastal areas, and beyond. North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper has officially declared a state of emergency.
The below information and best practices will help hoteliers and restaurateurs across North Carolina prepare for the coming days and issues that typically arise during a declared emergency.
Quicklinks: Emergency Resources
- Visit NC Travel Advisory
- Download the ReadyNC App
- Hotel Brands Toll-Free Contact Information List
- Price Gouging Law To file a price gouging complaint, click here.
- Transitional Shelter Assistance (TSA)
- Corporate Lodging Consultants (CLC)
- USDA Food Safety Tips to Reduce Food Waste
- USDA Food Safety Requirements During Disasters
- Environmental Health Preparedness Manual
- FEMA Business Protection Toolkit
- FEMA Plan and Prepare webpage
- Protect food/water during a storm
- Emergency food safety guidelines
- Health and food safety for restaurants reopening after hurricanes and flooding